Spell Balance Suggestions
(09-12-2022, 06:22 PM)Touc Wrote: Maybe muscle armour could be added as unarmed's public mastery since it has no mastery at all right now?

Muscle armour needs to stay application only, I wont explain why. Those that know, know.
it would be better to explain rather than such in a way that gatekeeps knowledge.
(09-12-2022, 06:31 PM)Mallow Wrote: it would be better to explain rather than such in a way that gatekeeps knowledge.

I take a moment, then two. It's upon this particular reading that I find that.. I need to clean my glasses, I spot the name, Mal - Mallow. I considered a sensible reply, but I shook my head and smiled. This gentleman doesn't require that. 

Et tu
stop bein an ass to eachother over pixel game balance
Since Cotillion is being coy about what Muscle Armor does, I'll explain.

Muscle Armor is an aura for unarmed/armed users that gives good stats (don't remember the specifics), with its main draw being its Q ability.
It is a temporary CC immunity to everything. Can't be rooted, stunned, blinded... Not even knockback works, so moves like javelins and dragging beams won't stop them.
The only way to properly avoid a melee user with Muscle Armor's Q ability up is either by using speed boosts or by turning on invulnerability. Otherwise? They are going to go in, and they'll hit hard.

It is a strong ability in an aura that makes it worthy as a hidden ability. Can literally turn battles around and make certain match ups turn into the armed/unarmed fighter's favor.
(09-12-2022, 06:12 PM)Jess Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 05:59 PM)Odd Wrote:  Buff unarmed pls

My suggestions

1. give unarmed a cast buff cleanse thing. Should cleanse all debuffs on you and make you immune to any cc for five seconds. Unless it's knock backs like beams or shockwave type spells. 

It doesn't need a cast buff.

2. give it back the cleanse stance.

There does need to be a mage stance that gives a cleanse on Q if Gentle Fist is gone, unarmed without access to one is asking to be bodied. I do agree there. 

3. remove the animation delay on jab when you are slowed. it's very stupid considering the many slows that exist in the game now.

Jab being affected by speed modifiers is one of the coolest/unique things about it slows and speedboosts both, and a fair counterplay. It's fine.

also just a note referring to what lung said above, the other unarmed spells dont even do a lot of damage since none of the unarmed spells exceed like.. 12 mdam? 

Obviously unarmed shouldn't get all of those that i mentioned, just one to make kiters a lil less effective vs gap closing builds that require jab.

Or just make more types of advanced gauntlets so they aren't 10-20 power behind staffs or swords w/ phys taken into account.

Just offering my thoughts.

The jab delay isnt really fair if you don't have the cleanse stance. A cast buff wouldn't make the tree overpowered, barely anyone plays the tree and for a good reason. But as I did say earlier, only one one of those should be added to unarmed so you don't get whooped when you fight against someone who knows how to kite properly. I do agree that gloves shouldn't be way weaker than staffs but even then unarmed doesn't do a lot of damage compared to the other tree's nor does it have consistency.
(09-12-2022, 06:37 PM)Cotillion Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 06:31 PM)Mallow Wrote: it would be better to explain rather than such in a way that gatekeeps knowledge.

I take a moment, then two. It's upon this particular reading that I find that.. I need to clean my glasses, I spot the name, Mal - Mallow. I considered a sensible reply, but I shook my head and smiled. This gentleman doesn't require that. 

Et tu

Caesar ran four triumphs that made people so upset they begged for their own enemies to be sparred and given a good life.

And somehow you're being more of an ass.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
buff the bug hide ability to not drain 1 energy a second its far far too much to ever be useful in any singular capacity outside of going "haha check it out i can go invisible" and impressing your friends

please drastically reduce the cost and or remove it entirely hehe
[Image: edbae8adc4cdc657c7307971b838ad95.png]

if anyone asks i got banned for sending /messages to people
(09-12-2022, 06:56 PM)Detective100 Wrote: Since Cotillion is being coy about what Muscle Armor does, I'll explain.

Muscle Armor is an aura for unarmed/armed users that gives good stats (don't remember the specifics), with its main draw being its Q ability.
It is a temporary CC immunity to everything. Can't be rooted, stunned, blinded... Not even knockback works, so moves like javelins and dragging beams won't stop them.
The only way to properly avoid a melee user with Muscle Armor's Q ability up is either by using speed boosts or by turning on invulnerability. Otherwise? They are going to go in, and they'll hit hard.

It is a strong ability in an aura that makes it worthy as a hidden ability. Can literally turn battles around and make certain match ups turn into the armed/unarmed fighter's favor.

Assuming the wiki isn't lying, it gives +30 power and +10 vit. That's worse (in my opinion) than the public Holy aura, which gives +5% DR and +30 power, and way worse stat-wise than a lot of other auras such as Assassin's Shroud, the crystal/cosmic auras, and Chronos.

The saving grace is the active, which is definitely strong from what you've described. But, in this meta of extreme bursts (not to mention the prevalence of slows, knockbacks, and so on), you're at most going to be able to use it twice per fight.

Given the above and the fact that just about everyone has an invuln or speedboost now, is it really that oppressive?
This would just give them access to something unarmed players used to already have from their stances which are now gone. I can't imagine that anyone would dip 50 points into unarmed just for the aura either
[Image: RqMw9Wf.png]
Topic Options